We always enjoy hearing about experiences and tips directly from our trainees. Especially if it is intended to help future interns who wish to come to Slovakia. Abdullah is finishing his internship in a few days, but he would like to share his insights of application process with you before he leaves.
When applying for an internship position, some extra work before filling out your application form may increase your chance to get invited for an interview and eventually get the position. Here is a list of a few hints from my own experience that I would like to share with you:
• Read the job offer carefully. Underline the most important requirements for position.
• Create a CV tailored for the position. Highlight your skills related to requirements which you underlined in the first step.
• A concise CV gives always better results. It is not necessary to write about your skills if you think that they will not increase your chance to get the position you apply for.
• Sometimes people can overlook small details. Show your CV to one of your friends (especially working in the same field with you) to get a second opinion.
• Write a motivation letter and give different details about your skills which you indicated in your CV. Avoid writing the exact same things as in your resume. It can be effective to give answers to questions like why you want to be an intern in Slovakia, what do you expect from this position etc.
• Check grammar mistakes and be clear. Also show your motivation letter to one of your friends.
• After you fill out your application form, keep in touch with Placement Slovakia coordinator and do not hesitate to contact Placement Slovakia if you have some questions.
• And last, but not least, you should check your application form or e-mail twice before you send it and write the content clearly.
If you want to know more about this topic, you can also check out our article Do you want to succeed in an interview? Avoid these 5 most frequent mistakes and you are in!