Location: Bratislava, Slovakia
Start: September 2017
Duration: 5 months minimum
Working language: English
This internship position is for a community-driven organization devoted to empowering ICT innovation in Europe. It provides an environment for ICT innovation community interaction that is both virtual and physical. In particular, its crowd evaluation tools for publications have been recognized by the European Commission as a ground breaking approach to supporting idea dissemination.
The organization is currently seeking an intern to assist the Conference Managers team in Bratislava to support and lead its conference activities in cooperation with researchers and industry around the globe. This role may be a starting point in your career, giving the intern the possibility of progression to more senior roles.
- Assisting the with the planning and logistics of conferences.
- Supporting volunteer conference organizing committees, from committee set up, to website, to call for papers, call for participation, budget monitoring;
- Contribution to the preparation of the Marketing Material for online communities; preparation and promotion of conference marketing and publicity through web and social channels;
- Supervising the organization of technical conferences;
- Managing the event successful execution cycle;
- Liaison with partner organizations and sponsorship acquisition;
- Opportunity to work in English in an international environment.
- Knowledge of social media marketing a plus;
- Experience with scientific conferences, activities or communities a plus;
- Excellent writing and oral skills;
- Ability to work hands-on and with limited supervision;
- Great interpersonal and communication skills;
- Good organizational skills to support multiple parallel events;
- Ability to work with communities;
- Ability to develop good customer relationships;
- Autonomous thinking and good analytical skills;
- Capability to adapt to dynamic environments.
Knowledge and skills the trainee can learn during the internship:
The trainee will learn how to manage in autonomy the conference life-cycle and how to efficiently interact with the committee volunteers.
- Free accommodation provided
- Standard support by our team. For more information check our website www.placementslovakia.com
Interested candidates please apply by submitting an online application form at www.placementslovakia.com
We look forward to hearing from you!